Posted: 27 June, 2017
Organization: Mile Marker Industries
Location: Pompano Beach
The assembler performs repetitive work-station or line-assembly operations to contribute to the day-to-day operation. In addition, assists and participates in the quality control process and inventories. The assembler positions parts and subassemblies while maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies, using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tooling.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows safety regulations.
- Labels all parts accordingly with the specifications
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules under moderate supervision.
- Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
- Positions, aligns, or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly
- Performs, cable pulling, drilling, wiring and light soldering.
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Near Vision
- Finger Dexterity
- Arm-Hand Steadiness
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, drills and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience
- One year of prior experience as an assembler
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.