Posted: 20 June, 2017
Organization: Mile Marker Industries
Location: Pompano Beach
Title: Customer Service / Tech Support
This position requires extensive mechanical knowledge to provide customer and technical support over the phone or via email. The incumbent will spend time explaining and resolving all customers' questions related to winches and wheel hubs. In addition, is responsible for all RGAs; running diagnostics; assisting with assemblies; testing and repairing of motors; troubleshooting hydraulic systems; and repairing/refurbish returned products under warranty. Lastly, the individual will work in conjunction with both the Sales and Engineering departments in providing assistance with any technical issues that may arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and troubleshoot all incoming technical support questions by both phone and email.
- Build and assemble mechanical components according to requirements via technical drawings, blueprints and / or work instructions.
- Inspect machines, motors, hydraulic systems, assemblies, etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Conduct repairs and/or refurbishments on returned, under warranty products.
- Assist with Quality Inspections of all incoming, outgoing and in-process manufactured items.
- Assist in Receiving Inspections of all incoming products.
- Assist with maintenance of in-house machinery, equipment and systems.
- Keep digital log reports of all work, whether in progress or completed.
- Assist in moving and tracking of Inventory.
- Work directly with the Sales and Engineering Department on any technical questions or issues that may arise.
- Follow up with all open customer service issues.
- Undertake additional duties or special projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a Mechanic (Automotive, Marine, Aerospace, etc.)
- Working knowledge of automotive driveline and suspension parts; transfer cases (that lock 4WD to 2WD) and Jeep case.
- General knowledge of DC electrical circuits and motors, changing out batteries, solenoids and familiar with wireless remotes.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers, various wrenches, electric drills, allen keys, wood saws, etc.) as well as precision measurement tools (including calipers).
- Ability to read and revise, if necessary, work instructions.
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices.
- Prior experience working with technical drawings and blueprints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Certification from a Vocational School or Completion of an Apprenticeship.
- Valid Certification (i.e. ASE).
- Previous experience working for the military or government contractor.
- Previous experience working with Winches (Electrical & Hydraulic) and Hubs.
- Previous experience in calibrating tools a plus
- Previous experience working directly with customers preferred
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification.
- Work Environment:
- This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, mechanical tools and forklifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasionally, overtime is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.