Posted: 12 January, 2017
Organization: Mile Marker Industries
Location: Pompano Beach
Position: Warehouse floater
This position requires the ability to: Stand, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, reach, and lift objects in the warehouse and the office. Proven working knowledge of manual and power tools. Able to read, interpret, understand, carry out, and communicate instructions and correspondence both orally and in writing. Interpret manufacturing plans and diagrams. Present information to other employees. Count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide into units of measure. Advance knowledge of auto and mechanical components. Good Analytical skills to determine the correct course of action. Analyze and resolve problems in standardized situations. Good verbal communication skills and customer service oriented.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
2. Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
3. Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
4. Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
5. File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
6. Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
7. Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
8. Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
9. Open bales, crates and other containers.
10. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program ( QuickBooks)
11. Assist in counting of physical inventory.
12. Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
13. May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
14. Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
15. Prepare parcels for mailing.
16. Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
17. Assist the warranty department in conducting part inspections
18. Prepare company vehicles for trade shows.
19. Rotate within the warehouse stations to facilitate daily workflow.
20. Performs any assembly processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies using hand or power tools
22. Operates fork lift as required.
23. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
24. Performs soldering as required.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Mathematical Skills.
4. Technical Capacity.
5. Mechanical skills
6. Time Management.
Good communication, verbal and written.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Desire Education and Experience
1. ASE Certification is a plus
2. Three years of prior warehouse experience.
3. Prior experience as a service tech, maintenance tech or automotive repair.
4. Auto parts experience, retail or supplier.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org