Title: Outside Sales Representative
The position of Sales Representative requires the development of new business accounts while maintaining and growing existing customers. The candidate will work remotely, traveling to prospective clients; attending line reviews; creating and delivering sales presentations; participating in trade shows, conferences and other industry related events that promote the sale of all Mile Marker products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates leads and develops new business to meet pre-determined sales goals and objectives.
- Focus on top Mile Marker accounts.
- Maintains and nurtures existing customer relationships.
- Assess and grow current customer accounts and manage MMI’s online presence on customer sites.
- Respond to all inquires and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Processes orders in person, through emails and over the phone.
- Work directly with outside sales representative groups.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, policies and procedures to new and existing customers.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of Mile Marker’s industry and product line.
- Continually gathers information on industry competitors and communicates information to management and others as needed.
- Recommends changes in products by evaluating competitive landscape.
- Work directly with marketing on developing new strategies and assist in compiling collateral materials.
- Assist in driving in-store promotional programs.
- Ensures that all required client paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Creates and delivers compelling PowerPoint presentations to potential customers.
- Provides sales status reports. Status report structure and frequency will be at the discretion of management, but daily activity reports, submitted weekly, are to be expected.
- Represents and promotes the organization in business/trade events that impact the business unit.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or equivalent (i.e. Marketing, Communications, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience is mandatory.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook email.
- Advanced data entry.
- Advanced presentation skills, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
This position requires 70-80 % travel time.
|Job Category||Full Time, Sales|