The Account Manager will manage the day to day activities of assigned accounts, with a focus on Mile Marker’s Top 10 customers; on-board and cultivate solid relationships with all new accounts; lead project management efforts within the Mile Marker organization, as well as with outside firms and agencies; and work directly with the CFO & CEO with analyzing trends, pricing, forecasting and budgeting exercises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position.
- Assist in producing, maintaining and updating annual forecasts.
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver new products to the market place.
- Expand Mile Marker presence within the US Military & government services.
- Assist in identifying, qualifying and growing new business opportunities.
- Assist in developing and managing client relationships to support revenue targets and goals.
- Company liaison between numerous military installations, federal/state/local agencies and prime defense contractors.
- Work directly with Outside Rep Agencies to identify, qualify and grow new business opportunities
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities, with enthusiasm.
- Strong understanding of business process with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and deliver requested output timely and accurately.
- High level of energy, positive attitude, and possess a selfless attitude for the benefit of the firm.
- Advanced MS office skills to include Excel & PowerPoint; Quickbooks a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who thrives while working independently with little direction.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget; Manages project team activities.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
There is no supervisory role for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Job Category||Full Time, Sales|