Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor ensures that all manufacturing operations including distribution, production, scheduling, safety, and training are achieved. This position shall identify the needs of internal and external customers with the task of maximizing productivity and quality. Also, this individual has the responsibility for long-term growth, adherence to all applicable policies, and for establishing a culture, which embraces continuous improvement, time management, waste reduction, and lean manufacturing techniques.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Participates and oversees multiple production lines.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization policies and procedures such as the use of floor travelers.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Conducts training and ongoing guidance to assemblers and other members of the production staff.
- With the use of specific tools and measuring devices completes assembly work by following bench procedures and work instructions.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Ensure that equipment and tools are operational by handling preventative maintenance, performing regular quality checks, and calling for repairs when necessary.
- Work directly with engineering and the product support technician on any special build projects that requires advanced support including required validation testing.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory levels by managing transfers of all items in and out of specific bin locations.
- Work directly with Purchasing/Inventory control personnel on flow of all manufacturing orders, cycle counting and physical inventory movement.
- Serves as a backup to the tech support role as far as:
- Troubleshoot and resolve all incoming technical support issues by phone and email
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications.
- At least 5 years of warehouse supervisory/managerial experience in a manufacturing environment (Industry related a plus).
- Strong Leadership skills
- Must be mechanically inclined and previous experience with a variety of hand tools.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Previous experience working in a Six Sigma, ISO or Kaizan environment a plus.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile Information, & prepare reports.
- Well organized, detail oriented, & able to handle fast paced work environment.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and work with employees at all levels of the company.
- Ability to work independently & prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills.
|Job Category||Full Time, Production, Purchasing|