The Mechanical Engineering Manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Develop mechanical system design solutions based on best engineering principles and be involved in presentation of the solution to customer and company leadership.
- Resolve operational problems related to project development assignments.
- Limit product manufacturing cost increases by leveraging COTS and legacy product components on new development systems.
- Responsible for project success whether working as a project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept collaboration, budgeting and pricing activities.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and in budget.
- Develop and maintain schedules for all assigned projects and provide accurate reports on the status.
- Assist and mentor current and new engineering staff members.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 regulations.
- Source local or international suppliers for prototyping and sample runs.
- Work directly with Purchasing & suppliers regarding all technical aspects and requirements in sourcing for new vendors.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including classical hand calculations and using FEA techniques.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials with emphasis on product manufacturing traceability.
- Accurately define equipment and parts from external supplier database.
- Conduct cost estimation through contacting suppliers and requesting quotations, prototypes, 3D samples, as well as any additional items required for first article testing or otherwise.
- Project Management: oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Mechanical design of customized solutions including motor sizing, pneumatic/electro-pneumatic/and electrical routing.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems.
- Create customer documentation.
- Maintain accurate records and files in accordance with company ISO quality standards.
- Work with Production to commission customized products and systems onsite
- Take initiative to identify and execute the introduction of new and deficient companywide ISO work processes and procedures.
- Modifies systems upon customer’s request and documents the amendments effectively.
- Provide high quality pre-sales, design-in and post-sales technical support to customer.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Required Education and Experience:
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a National CHEA accredited University. Master’s degree (preferred).
- 8-12 years related job experience (manufacturing environment required).
- Proficient in classical modeling and drawing creation techniques using SolidWorks Premium 2016 software and FEA SW Simulation a plus.
- Advanced MS Office software skills.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical design and its application in electromechanical systems designs including specification of motors, gears, splines, hydraulic system components, and electrical system interconnection components.
- Proficient in GD&T.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company delivery goals.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work in high output environment.
- Previous experience working with government and/ or government contractors is a plus.
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Project Management–Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
|Job Category||Engineering, Full Time, Management|