The main functions of this position are to expedite the manufacturing build order process, maintain the inventory accuracy necessary for the operation of Mile Marker Industries, and train to support the Purchasing Department as needed. This includes the purchasing of raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare manufacturing build orders (MOs) for the production floor, verify required materials are available in inventory (both physical & digital) and coordinate with the Purchasing Agent on potential shortages.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for on-going needs, ordering more materials when necessary based on Min/Max requirements.
- Control and monitor in-house inventory movement and complete transfer forms for updating inventory control system (QuickBooks).
- Work with Customer Support and Project Managers to create production build schedules, making sure MOs are correctly prioritized (FIFO) based upon shipping and customer-driven deadlines.
- Sole responsibility for inventoried items, ensuring that QuickBooks reflects accurate quantities and locations for all components, subassemblies and turnkey items at all times.
- Work with production supervisor on monitoring and ordering all non-inventoried items.
- Oversee, with Production Supervisor, regular cycle counting ensure accuracy and report any variances.
- Learn procurement systems to act as backup for Purchasing Agent when required including creating purchase orders; pulling reports; preparing RFQs; understanding contracts; analyzing pricing, terms and conditions; working directly with suppliers locally and abroad to follow up on orders and report progress; tracking status and shipping details.
- Track all items purchased to ensure timely delivery, resolve problems related to back orders, undelivered goods, or non-conforming materials.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree mandatory, Business Management, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management course study preferred.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in manufacturing or distribution environment preferred; exposure to and desire to learn procurement systems is a plus.
- Fluent in MS Office with intermediate Excel skills; QuickBooks and MRP systems a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Auto-parts, automobile/mechanical industry experience is a plus.
|Job Category||Full Time, Purchasing, Warehouse|