Posted: 25 January, 2017
Organization: Mile Marker Industries
Location: Pompano Beach
Mile Marker Industries, LLC
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Classification: Exempt Employee
Reports to: Sr. Mechanical Engineer Manager
This position is a 3-month contract with the opportunity to become permanent after a 90 days
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a strategic partner for the engineering department in four specific areas: Engineering, project execution, project completion and servicing. He/she will assist the Master Engineer and the team to accomplish company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties in each strategic area.
- Develop mechanical system design solutions based on best engineering principles and be involved in presentation of the solution to customer and company leadership.
- Provide technical support to Senior Engineering Manager
- Resolve operational problems related to project development assignments
- Demonstrates ability to limit product manufacturing cost increases by leveraging COTS and legacy product components on new development systems.
- Responsible for project success whether working as a project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept collaboration, budgeting and pricing activities.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and in budget.
Key Functional Areas:
The incumbent must be diligent in abiding by the four (4) fundamental aspects of engineering development when designing and manufacturing company products
- Physics (will it work IAW the defined performance requirements)
- Economics (ensure profitability)
- Legal (be aware of any violations to intellectual property and its laws)
- Greater good (follow best practices, safety regulations, ethics)
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including classical hand calculations and using FEA techniques.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials with emphasis on product manufacturing traceability.
- Accurately define equipment and parts from external supplier database.
- Conduct cost estimation through contacting suppliers and requesting quotations.
- Project Management: oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Mechanical design of customized solutions including motor sizing, pneumatic/electro-pneumatic/and electrical routing.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems.
- Create customer documentation.
- Maintain accurate records and files in accordance with company ISO quality standards.
- Work with Production to commission customized products and systems onsite
- Take initiative to identify and execute the introduction of new and deficient companywide ISO work processes and procedures.
- Modifies systems upon customer’s request and documents the amendments effectively.
- Provide high quality pre-sales, design-in and post-sales technical support to customer.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Work Independently.
- Deductive reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Fluency of ideas
- Flexibility of Closure
- Work Ethics
- Time Management
- Willingness to receive guidance and feedback
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing some duties of this job, the employee could be expose to moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The employee is required to sit for long periods of time and to use computers.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel as required to support projects
Required Education and Experience:
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred from a National CHEA accredited University.
- 5-10 years related job experience.
- Proficient in classical modeling and drawing creation techniques using SolidWorks Premium 2016 software and FEA SW Simulation a real plus
- Excellent MS Office software skills.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical design and its application in electromechanical systems designs including specification of motors, gears, splines, hydraulic system components, and electrical system interconnection components.
- Proficient in G,D&T drawing tolerancing
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company delivery goals.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email resumes to email@example.com